In the world of high speed net with reach and beautiful web world, people try to make the website effective by add & add new thing. Now it’s time of jQuery & HTML 5 and people are crazy to add effective slider, image effects, they want wonderful and attractive flash effect in html format via jquery. To fulfill the requirement developers add new & new jquery plugins code every time with related css & images. It create new problem of slow website page load while your inter connection is not much good. If you have high speed internet then it’s working wonderful at your screen but what about those users who has high speed internet connection is very costly to afford. For such users while they try to access such heavily loaded websites they stuck with problem of time out or they must have to wait for some time to see the website and YAA!!! now a days google search engine also count website speed for SEO and searching.
So now the time to let user to enjoy the website of heavy loaded jQuery and flash effect either internet is high speed or normal. If your internet is high speed then you have the most amazing experience while it should also good experience for average speed internet users. In this topic I am going to show you some steps how to optimize and make your webpage load faster and fastest.
You may like to see my website speed .
To decrease your web page load speed to minimum load you need to follow below steps one by one.
- Load your website with website URL: http://www.webpagetest.org/
- Get the report of your website loading items for home page or any other page you want to rest, it will give the complete report of web page load elements with time.
- Six step is check image load, if any image takes much load time, get it download and make the size minimum so that it may less time to load. and try to merge all icons & small images in to one single image so it also minimum the link request.
- Seventh step is check your html structure (it’s optional) as you need designer help to check the html structure and optimize the html structure.
- Eighth step & most last step is user cache plugin. In the wordpress there are many cache plugins freely available and not for wordprss you can find such available and readymade code may available in the net and can use it.
- Last step is related to technical person which is somewhat related to cache the site page, I have added below code which you need to add at starting of .htaccess file. If you are a technical person or you have a little knowledge of .htaccess file of your website you can do it or it may stop your site working. So please make sure you are confident.
Note : before you start optimization if you have technical knowledge of .htaccess, you should try below code at very beginning and see the effect. It should surely become effective for your site.
Below code will cache all media files with extension :
all content files with extension :
webpage files :
It will never cache files with extension :
# cache images and flash content for one month
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=2592000"
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=604800"
# cache html and htm files for one day
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=43200"
# explicitly disable caching for scripts and other dynamic files
Header unset Cache-Control
The above steps are common for the entire website in any language and any technology. Because webpage speed is most important factor for end user and no one will see your site if it’s not easily loaded on user screen. Please follow steps and on every step change check your website speed on http://www.webpagetest.org or any other speed checker system to see the effect.