How to setup Home Control for Clipper plugin
Here you can get easy way how to setup plugin and settings to set your site same as demo site
STEP :- 1 — Plugin Activation and Setup
Get the plugin zip download and upload to wp-content/plugins/ folder
— If you uploading plugin via FTP, you should unzip and upload the folder.
— Get the help link how to install plugin from wp dashboard or via FTP :: http://wpwebs.com/blog/install-a-plugin-using-the-wordpress-admin-plugin-upload/
— If you uploading the plugin form wp-admin > plugins > Add New Plugin area, you should upload zip file directly.
Once you uploaded the plugin you can see the plugin listed in you plugin list of wp-admin > Plugins Section as per below::
Activate the plugin
If you have already uploaded the plugin then you should go to wp-admin -> Plugins -> Plugins-> Home Control for Clipper -> Active Plugin
STEP :- 2 – A — Set Home Page for Plugin
The plugin is mainly based on sidebars and widgets. The main function for this plugin is to make home page widget ready so you can set home page via widget area.
After plugin activation, plugin will copy && change some files from Clipper theme OR child theme root folder
- Copy “front-page.php” file with new files name “front-page-wpwhc.php” && “front-page-copy.php”
- “front-page.php” code will be changed as per below code::
// Template Name: Coupons Home Template
- “front-page-wpwhc.php” — This will copy the front page template with change template name
- “front-page-copy.php” — This will just copy of front page template
STEP :- 2 – B — Set Home Page for Plugin – Manually
- For some site the folder have restricted permission so plugin cannot able to copy/transfer the files so manually you should add those files as per below.
- If the plugin cannot able to create or replace above files, please add/copy/paste all files to you current active theme/child theme root from wp-content/plugins/home_control_clipper/templates/Theme_Updated_Files.
STEP :- 3 — Create and set new page for home page
- Once all above settings done (plugin activation and setup done) you should create new page template by following below steps.
- Go to wp-admin > Pages > Create new page > example “New Home page”
- Go to wp-admin > Pages > page add/edit > select the page template – Page Attributes >> “Coupons Home Template”
- Go to wp-admin > Settings > Reading Settings > set the option “Front page displays” >> A static page (select below) >> Select new created page – example “New Home page”
- Select page template from options :: wp-admin >> Coupons(left menu) >> Home Control Clipper >> General >> “Select Home Page Template”
— There are 4 options for page templates ::
- >> Default Home page
- >> Full Screen Home page
- >> Full Width Home page
- >> Home Page with Left Sidebar
- >> Home Page with Right Sidebar
Below is the screen image to get idea how to setup home page from wp-admin > Settings > Reading Settings > set the option “Front page displays” >> A static page (select below) >> Select new created page – example “New Home page”
STEP :- 4 — Widget Settings
- If you have active the plugin & you see the widget area, you can see the new widget area added.
- Go to wp-admin > Appearance > Widgets section – you can see an additional widget areas(at right side) added by plugin
There are 4 options for page templates ::
- >> “Home Below Header Area” –> display widget area below header with full screen
- >> “Home Upper Area” –> display widget area in content section with full width (960px)
- >> “Home Content Area” –> display widget area in either left or right sidebar
- >> “Home Above Footer Area” –> display widget area above footer with full screen
- Go to wp-admin > Appearance > Widgets section – you can see additional widgets with prefix of of “WPW:” && “WPWHC”.
- Go to wp-admin > Widgets section – you should drag & drop the above widgets in above widge area to get it working like demo.
- In case of full page template, you need to set only home content widget area (as per shown in below image).
- Your home page will be widget ready so you can use other widgets also.